Waiting to conceive.

Sportsfanatic

I've been trying with my lady to conceive a child for quite some time now. Probably 4 or 5 months, I'd say. Is it normal to take this long or is there probably something wrong with one of us? I was hoping it wouldn't come to having to go to a doctor, but I'm not sure what to do.

benny

You are probably fine, but getting a checkup won't hurt, at the very least your doctor can give you a few pointers on how to raise your chances of conceiving.

the saint

A friend of mine had the same problem, and the doctors did not find anything wrong. It was just a matter of having more rest and not think too much about it. They finally did it after two years.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
After two months my wife was getting impatient. She wanted to start taking vitamins and things like fertilaid. I see no problem with 4-5 months. After a year is when I would start to look into things. I told my wife when it happens it happens.

crowl

Patience is a virtue that not everyone has. I remember my cousin telling me that she wanted 2 months and went to the doc. He told her she was doing it wrong all this time, kidding of course. :)

selfant

The best rule of thumb, is not to worry about it just yet. If after a year of not conceiving....then get a checkup.