Wanting the kids for the holidays

HWard84

My brother is trying to get his kids for the Holidays. His ex-wife is trying to not share them. It’s pretty sad if you ask me, the kids want to come to my brother’s house over Christmas break. They have even asked their mom right in front of my wife (we stay close to them both – brother and ex so we can see the kids). She said No, I don’t think so. She is working that week (after Christmas) but is still saying no. I think people need to grow up and think of their kids. We are all trying to talk to her about it, so I hope she gives in soon.

PaPaul

Banned
It's so hard when kids become "collateral" in adults' disputes. Do they have a custody agreement written up already that he can refer to? Perhaps sharing the holidays - one gets Thanksgiving and part of the Christmas break, and the other gets Christmas?

Johnny

I think that's really had. People always get more upset when they can't see their children during the holidays because it's such a special time. It would break my heart to be without my kids on the holidays. I feel very blessed. Tell him to hold in there!

Andrew

It's sad when kids become tools of spite, a parent who is not thinking about whats best for her kids should lose the privilege of being a parent in the first place, too bad the law doesn't seem to agree with me.