Water: drink it

Andersson

I always chuckle to myself when people talk about how little water they drink. We have a daily minimum for a reason, we need water in order to survive. Why is water the one drink that is always overlooked?

Victor

It's overlooked because other drinks taste better. ;) Actually, I'm a water drinker too but lately my water has smelled off to me, so I'm not drinking it as much lately until I can get it tested.

Timothy

I agree with Victor. I think most people ignore water in favor of other flavored drinks. I know I rarely ever drank water when I was younger. Once my teeth started giving me problems though, I started drinking water because carbonated drinks were off limits. Now I'm so used to water that I drink it more than anything else.

Sinbian

I keep small water bottles around the house so we don't forget to drink when we don't feel thirsty. :) I have friends who drink Coca Cola instead of water. Liquid is liquid they say; figure that out.

Victor

Well, they have a point, Sinbian. Soda does have a lot of water in it, and I read somewhere that the caffeine doesn't have as much of a diuretic effect as they once thought, so you are still hydrating.

Food has water in it too, which also helps to hydrate.

polamalu43

I drink a lot of water each day. I bought one of those big jugs and I fill it when I get to work. I don't drink anything else until that jug is gone. I don't know why people don't drink it.

Andersson

That seems silly, there are tons of products on the market to help flavor water. And the best part if you are close to a place that allows it - spring water! My goodness I can not get enough of that stuff.