Weekends together?

Howard

How does your family like to spend their weekends? Are you all together on weekends, or do you tend to go your separate directions?

Rey1970

We are a young family. We stick together on weekends. Sometimes, we want to have a little couple time. We are lucky the in-laws from both sides are always happy to babysit.

Aiden

We mix it up. There are times when we plan on all being together but I don't mind if the kids go out and spend the weekend with their friends. I think it helps them build a life of their own.

Mark

I think it's really important to mix things up. Like Aiden said, the kids need to begin their own relationships and shape their lives. Being with the family 24/7 isn't going to help their social lives.

GC856723

I think it's really important to mix things up. Like Aiden said, the kids need to begin their own relationships and shape their lives. Being with the family 24/7 isn't going to help their social lives.
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately my youngest brother is stuck at home now, and going through on-line schooling due to some discrepancies our family had with his school that were never resolved. It's a shame he won't have those experiences a real high school will give him..

As for mixing it up? Well I can't really comment on that yet. Won't have my own family really started till mid September, which is when my girlfriend and I are expecting our child to be born. Truth is, it'll come when it's ready lol

JakeJ

Most of the time we are together, though the kids sometimes spend time with relatives. I want to make the most of it because they'll be grown and gone before I know it!

Jack

I think the ages of your children affect this. We will probably do more as a family while the kids are little. Hopefully there will be lots of good experiences and we'll always do family things.

Mel

We really look forward to our weekends together. My wife works full time and often puts in overtime. I try to bang out everything I can around the house so we can just relax on weekends.

Tony_The_Great

The kids are involved in a lot of things so the wife and I are kind of taxi drivers. However, we also try to spend quality time together.

Kenny

Our kids are very young so we spend most weekends together. My in-laws are close by and occasionally they will take one of the kids for us to help us out.