Weird Kid

Chrisitan

We were at the park yesterday and a kid came up to us asking if we had seen a local coach. We hadn't and told him so, but he kept hanging around. I finally asked if his mother or father were with him and reassured him that the coach would probably be there soon. It was all I could do to get the kid to go back to his parents. I don't know why he was acting so strange but it didn't give me a very good vibe. The whole thing left me wondering if the kid was trying to get by with something or what the deal was.

On The Mark

Maybe you should have asked him what was wrong. It doesn't seem right that a child would want to be with someone before they want to be with their own parents.

Andersson

I think I would have asked as well, along with maybe speaking to the parents. That seems a little more than odd and would leave me with an uneasy feeling too.

John

I, too, would have kept asking questions until I knew a little more. If the lad is around now, he'll most likely be around later. These days, you just can't be too safe. I think, too, kids in the neighborhood appreciate it when a responsible adult does take an interest in them, although we shouldn't get too personal.