Welp, the word is out

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The wife found out while in Texas for my sons surgery she was pregnant. We came back and the doctor confirmed. She just got back from my sons checkup, and is showing, so we announced it sort of. It was more of a facebook post. This will be my second biological, although it will be our third overall. I guess we upset people because we did not call everyone up. But come around Sept, we will have a new addition. No official due date just yet.

Andersson

People need to accept that its hard to call everyone they know when they find out big news like this. Congrats by the way! I think posting online is not a bad way at all for a pregnancy like this.

Victor

Congratulations! My girls were fall babies as well. :) Your friends and relatives will get over the way you announced; facebook posts and emails are so much more convenient than making multiple phone calls.

Clay

Congrats on your new addition. I would have made a Facebook post too, because who wants to spend a week on the phone calling everyone?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Well her first one she made a big announcement. Her second, and my first we did a big announcement. I think with this one with were both mentally exhausted from our son just having surgery. I also got tired quick of the phone calls from the before. It is not that I'm not excited, I just honestly did not want to be attached to a phone all day.

But we got the due date yesterday. Sept 23rd. The baby's heart beat was strong according to the doctor. Now it is a waiting game to find out the sex and if it will have a cleft lip/palate also. I would like to know either way, while the wife is on the fence about knowing.

Dad9593

Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy. I still remember when we found out we were expecting our first child. And to think, she will be turning 19 tomorrow! Crazy.

Keep us updated when you find anymore information out. Have you thought of any names just yet?

Salazar

Congratulations, Jason!! I can totally understand why you didn't want to do a big announcement with everything you've had going on with your son. By the way, how's he doing?

Bear

Congratulations! Everyone will be so excited about the new arrival they will get over how they found out. Other than our parents we just did a facebook post to after the first trimester was over. I hope your son is recovering well from his surgery.

Ed35

Yeah Jason! Congrats on the soon to be new addition to your family. I hope you have a healthy baby. Any preference in what you have? My daughter was born on Sept 12th!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all.

Yeah Jason! Congrats on the soon to be new addition to your family. I hope you have a healthy baby. Any preference in what you have? My daughter was born on Sept 12th!
I would like to have another son. But as long as there are no health problems, I'm happy either way. I may get flack for it, but boys have been easier so far, at least for me.

first post in this thread

We are all excited to welcome this new little one to the family. I am sorry that you had to post that some were upset, and I will be the first one to say I was upset to find out from a facebook post that my daughter was pregnant. I don't think everyone needs to be called but at least parents on both sides could be included in such wonderful news. it is not like we don't talk to the two of you. We love you all and will see you soon.
blessings
Mom