Wetting Herself

WillyWonka

My daughter is three years old and has been potty trained for at least a year. Since I have gotten her back she has been wetting on herself. Is this something medical I need to have seen about or is this just behavioral since she's had to change places so much?

Dave07

This is probably behavioral or psychological and I would just let it be for awhile. Many kids even if potty trained during the day take a long time before being potty trained at night. Have you tried reducing fluids and a nighttime pull up like goodnights?

Independent

Yeah, It sounds as if she is having a hard time with being moved around so much. It would not hurt to talk to a Dr but I think this is a phase that will pass as she starts to feel more secure.

WillyWonka

Thanks guys! I made an appointment with the pediatrician for her just to make sure nothing is wrong. His nurse said she may have a little urinary tract infection and it would be good to get it checked just to make sure. But I'm going with the upset of changing environments so much during the last year. I'm amazed she was potty trained at all but my ex's mother did it even while dealing with my ex's drug problem. My ex mother in law is a super lady.

Johnny

Well, it's hard to say exactly what is going on with her, but a lot of the time it's something to do with a change she's been going through. I would take her to a doctor, or even do what you did to potty train her again. She'll be back to normal in no time.

WillyWonka

I'm taking her later today to see what's up. I just have a feeling it's behavioral though so we will have to reinforce potty training. She is such a little sweetheart and I love her so much. She and I get along really great, she's a Daddy's Girl. :)

Papa Bear

I think you are on the right track there. You should consult a psychiatrist to solve her problem. The separation may have triggered some sort of anxiety problems.

WillyWonka

The doctor checked her out and suggested to just try to potty train her again. He said with all of the upset of the past year, he's surprised she was potty trained in the first place. My mother in law came over to visit her too and she was thrilled. I'm thinking of asking her to baby sit occasionally so my baby can still see her Memaw. I think it would do both of them good.

Kenny

That sounds like a great idea Willy. Your ex MIL is after all still your daughter's grandmother and having someone that is familiar besides just yourself might be helpful to her.