What About Scouts?

Jerry F

My youngest has been thinking of joining the Boy Scouts this year so we can go on camping trips and have some activities during the summer since this group stays active all year long. I was never in the Scouts so I don't know what it's like, just what I've read and heard. Is it a good idea? If anyone can give me more info I would appreciate it.

KrazyRon

It can really be a good thing if the pack is active. I did it one year with my son but the pack wasn't very active and he wanted to quit so I didn't mind. I was in the scouts and we did everything. I learned a lot and I would recommend it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My brother had his son in it one year. My brother tried helping, but there was maybe 6 kids at the peak. So it was not very active. It is a shame.

Howard

Kids learn so many good things from Scouts other than just outdoor stuff, so I would highly recommend it as long as there is good adult leadership.

KrazyRon

"If they're active" is the key though. If they aren't, they don't do much and the kids get bored. Why don't you start a troop of your own and some of your son's friends? They are always looking for good leaders.

Rey1970

I can't wait for my son to be a boy scout. I had a great experience when I was a scout and I look forward to experience it with my kid.