What does your wife do?

Salazar

For any of our SAHDs, I'm curious what your wife does for a living. I know in this day and age women should be making equal pay, but I heard about a study recently that said (sadly) women are still making less than men. So, I'm just wondering what your wives do that enables you to stay home with the kiddos.

stayathomepaul

My wife has been working her way up the ladder and had many career changes. However, I am glad she got her education when I had a job. By the time I lost mine she had gotten a position as a Physicians Assistant.

jimscharger

My wife runs the family business, which she's been doing since 2002 when my father-in-law passed away. She is the one who calls on the clients and works the deals, I am the one who handles all the issues with production and shipping. It allows me to be home a lot more and have a more hands on role.

Thompson

My wife actually stays home as well and we both work from home. I love being able to spend more time with my wife and kids than I would if I had a job outside the house.

Dan

My wife spends a lot of money. She has quit a part-time hotel job this past year-she only worked once a month if that unless she wanted money for Christmas or summer vacation. She is now working at our kids' school but I don't hold out much hope for it lasting long.

selfant

My wife does some administrative work, but all of that may change when we have our first kid soon. We are planning for her to stay home for a while...

ChristopherT

My wife is a physical therapist. She was working free-lance but then signed on with a company that has her working Mon-Thursday full days and 3/4 day on Friday.