What makes you cave in the fastest?

BigJohn

I know it just makes thing worse to cave in to our son's demands, but when he starts whining, I either tend to lose my cool, or give him what he wants to make hime stop. For my wife, it's when he turns on the tears and starts to plead.

Is there something your child does that makes you cave in faster?

Kevin

When my 3 year old comes up to me and tells me how much she loves me and says that she wants a hug. She's irresistable!. Melts me like butter.

Lefty

Honestly, I've had to stop doing that. I was butter in their hands when they started to cry but I finally realized what they were doing and stopped. Even though it is hard, when they don't deserve what they are wanting, they don't get it.

Jessie

I am like you lefty, I use to cave in with the tears. My wife made it a point one night to prove her point that he knows exactly what he is doing and knows who he can get away with what by. He was too smart for his own good at 3!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter has learned that if she curls up next to me, I tend to let her stay up later then I should. It does not happen often though. But the wife knows what she is doing and gets upset with me.

Lefty

It's extremely hard to say no or not let them get their way. But look at it this way. The more you stick to your guns now, the easier it will be when they get to be teens. I was a hellion when I was a teen and did a lot of things my parents didn't know about. I'm an expert at what kids will get by with when you don't watch closely. I'm NOT letting mine pull the wool over my eyes. I'm still lucky to be alive and I don't want them to get into the same situations.