What to do for birthdays?

Aiden

I have a birthday coming up soon and I want to make it special but I'm not sure what to do for my children anymore. As they age, it's getting so much harder to make them happy. What would a teen want?

Mark

Why not actually ask them what they want? Maybe they could create a list of ideas and then you can pick one. This way, you are still going to get to surprise them but you'll be sure they enjoy their special day?:D

bighelp

I spent my last birthday taking the day before and after off work; then I ended up treating myself to a nice dinner out with a friend of mine. I slept in, stayed up late and just had a nice day of relaxation.

stayathomepaul

I like to keep birthdays low key as well, just take time off to be with the family. But teens do not really thing that is "cool". Still, how about taking them and one friend to a theme park? They might like that and you would get to spend some special time with them.

Jdrake

I would just ask your teen what they want. I have a son who doesn't like to do anything big, just stay home and hang out. But my daughter likes to have a big party. Just depends on the kid.

WallysBunch

Two words, gift card. If you know their favorite store or online store for music, books or whatever they are into, get them either a gift card of put the money on a prepaid Visa or MasterCard for them to use.