When did you announce?

BensDad

With our first baby my wife and I waited until she was almost 3 months along before we told anyone. My wife thought it would be bad luck to say anything before that. How long did you wait before you made your announcement?

SamMo

I can see the sense in this. My friend's daughter had a miscarriage at 3 months and then had to tell everyone the sad news. I'm told that after 3 months the risk of this is a lot less.

Wilbur

We told pretty much everyone within a short time after we found out. The only exception were my wife's parents. She wanted to wait to tell them. I think she was close to 5 months along when she sprang it on them.

SeaUrchin

We always waited until after the 4 month when she started to show a bit. My wife is short and very thin so there was no denying it after then because she always carried the babies out front.

Jack

My wife read in a pregnancy book that it's best to wait until 12 weeks to announce in the event of a miscarraige. Turns out it was good advice, as she did miscarry.

PeterPater

Jack, sorry to hear that. We waited quite a while to tell people, about 4-5 months. The major reason was because we feared the reaction, (I am quite a lot older than most first time dads.) As it turned out most people were positive about it!

Jessie

Sorry to hear that Jack, we also went through a miscarriage at 12 weeks and so we waited 13 weeks before we said anything to anyone the second time around. PeterPater I am almost 40 and a first time dad so I understand!

Pop

We had two miscarriages before the birth of our daughter. With those two "pregnancies," we told family right away. After the second miscarriage, we decided if we got pregnant again, we would wait at least 3 months before telling anyone. We got pregnant again, we waited 3 months and a perfectly beautiful baby girl was born.

Richie

Pop, I'm happy to hear you had a successful pregnancy after the heartache. We haven't told anyone yet (except you guys)! I just found out so we will wait until everything is a bit more settled after the holidays.