When is it best to save?

spencer

Listen to the tone of every conversation centering around money and you will notice there is always mention of the need to save. People particularly in their teenage years like to procrastinate and imagine that saving starts past at their 30s. Is this mentality healthy?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I think it is natural for teenagers to spend and not save. Sadly though, there are many people who want something now instead of waiting. I know I was that way. I wanted this and that. It took me a few years of realizing I never really had anything, to switch to a saving life style.

matt456

So much on point jason. The truth is most if not all teenagers will definitelty go through the stage of lavish spending and not caring to save at all. The biggest concern is whether or not after a few years they are able to sober up and think straight.

Jaxon

In my opinion, procrastination is not mentally healthy, but that's only because I did it when I was younger and know first hand that it's not productive. But I think it's something that kids just have to go through themselves.

syboken

I know very few people who start saving young. Its like our parents attempt to show us how but then somewhere in the teen years we forget, that little piece of knowledge fall out of our head and then its gone for good.

Cruise

Actually I didn't have so much to spend in my teen ages, and in most cases I had to save up when I needed something a bit costly. It taught me to save and I feel grateful for that.