Who babysits?

2andalone

As a single father it can be hard to find a good babysitter for the kids. Do you have a family member or friend that you trust to watch the kids when you are work, for example? What do you look for in a good babysitter?

stayathomepaul

My dad used to watch my older two. He wouldn't watch the younger one because he was afraid. Now that she is 4 he watches all three.

Bear

I am not single but it can still be difficult to find someone to watch the kids. I mean who can you trust enough to leave your kids with? My in-laws live about 5 minutes from us and they are the only ones who ever keep our kids and even that is pretty rare.

Independent

During the year the kids are in school and the youngest is in daycare, but the summer is another issue. Right now my neighbor watches them while I work.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Thankfully we have some great family members who will babysit. I've even had an extremely good friend offer to take my daughter when we went to Texas.

Luke

My wife's parents are the only ones we allow to watch our kids, and come to think of it my family has never offered before not that I would consider it if they did.