Who plays the BEST bad guy

newguy

Ok guys, think of the best bad guy you have seen in movies and tell me who you think is the epitome of "bad guy" and while we are in that mode who makes the perfect "good guy"

Dan

Willem Dafoe is the best bad guy, hands down. Sean Connery as James Bond is probably the best all-time good guy. My tastes run old obviously.

Foster

I'd have to say best 'bad guy' is Christopher Ecclestone in Gone in 60 seconds. Best 'good guy' is a little more difficult. I'd say it's between Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery in The Rock.

Andersson

Danny Trejo comes to mind but lately after watching Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston is right up there too. I am surprised how many actors are out there that I am just learning about too!

FrankSinatra

Jere Burns....his most recent villain was Anson Fullerton on Burn Notice. He is an awesome bad guy!

He is also one of the bad guys on Justified.

micromachne

Jere Burns....his most recent villain was Anson Fullerton on Burn Notice. He is an awesome bad guy!

He is also one of the bad guys on Justified.

YES!!!!. He was good at being a villain. Especially since when you first look at hiim he's so weak looking.

Too bad he's dead now though, along with Mike's brother.

FrankSinatra

YES!!!!. He was good at being a villain. Especially since when you first look at hiim he's so weak looking.

Too bad he's dead now though, along with Mike's brother.
He usually plays a bad guy and he is damn good at it. The chase was so much better; it feels empty now. But that's what makes it a good show too because that is how they are all feeling as well.

Another one is: Michael Shannon (Agent Pitt in Boardwalk Empire and now the bad guy in that movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt on a bike)

footballtim

The best 'bad guy' had to be someone you hated, not someone you were cheering for in the movies.

I will argue this one until the day I die. The best bad guy had to be the wicked witch of the west. I also think that the most underrated actress in history was Margaret Hamilton, who played the witch.

Make no mistake about it, I would put her 'bad guy' performance up against anyone else's 'bad guy' performance in movie history.

JRDeep

the Shark from Jaws, hands down. As far as actual people, Agent Smitch(Hugo Weaving.) gets my vote.

FrankSinatra

Another person I thought of was Jeremy Renner. He played a really good bad guy in SWAT and also in The Town, even though he has switched over to more neutral or good guy roles, he still plays an action movie bad *** either way.

youngone

It has to be Al Pacino. No other actor can play the bad guy as good as him. It's just his sublime acting skills, he has a natural presence and aura which cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't, and most don't!

Miller

I agree with the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz. All we have to do in our house is hear the first 7 notes in "da duh da duh da DUH da," and we're filled with dread.

footballtim

the Shark from Jaws, hands down. As far as actual people, Agent Smitch(Hugo Weaving.) gets my vote.
The shark from Jaws??? I would never have thought of that one. I guess that would make sense because no other bad guy I have ever seen on TV ever ate a helicopter as the shark did in 'Jaws II'.

Every time my wife and I watch 'Jaws', she always says the same thing. "If someone would feed him, then he would not eat people. He is just hungry". Of course that is not what my wife would be saying if she was in the water, and 'Jaws' was headed her way.

erin

The best 'bad guy' had to be someone you hated, not someone you were cheering for in the movies.

I will argue this one until the day I die. The best bad guy had to be the wicked witch of the west. I also think that the most underrated actress in history was Margaret Hamilton, who played the witch.

Make no mistake about it, I would put her 'bad guy' performance up against anyone else's 'bad guy' performance in movie history.
I totally agree! I think it had a lot to do with the timing. It's geared for a younger audience so that bad guy sticks with you forever.

I did love watching Margaret in the Maxwell House coffee commercials.

chea

Hannibal Lector. He's sort of a villain you root for though. But yeah, he's my favorite villain of all time.

footballtim

Another really well played bad guy was Terrance Stamp in the movie, Superman II. He played General Zod, the leader of the three super villains who escaped from a prison called, "The Phantom Zone", and tried to take over earth.

Terrance Stamp was a big part of that movie, and without his astonishing acting, the movie would not have been nearly as good as the original Superman movie. As it stands, I think it was better.