Who's your neighbor?

Andersson

I have always been a busy body but more so a people watcher. Today I just met another new neighbor and we have lived here for years so it always surprised me. He has been here since 1968 and is a disabled vet. We chatted for almost an hour talking about old cars, the war and so on. What a great surprise to a lovely day (it was almost 70 out today). :)

CHenne

He has lived there that long and you just met him? Times sure aren't the way they used to be are they? I can remember knowing all of my neighbors when I was growing up. I don't know many of my neighbors now.

Andersson

I think more people are less into the "meet thy neighbor" than they were decades ago. We have not been at this place for too long, at least as long as him that is. To be fair he is at the entire other end of the street towards the wooden area and we hardly ever head out that way.

LeonR

We see our neighbors, wave and occasionally speak. Still, we don't go out of our way to visit like they did on some of the old television shows. People realize that we have busy, hectic lives and that home is our refuge. At least in my neighborhood, that's the way it is. We also know we're here to call on in case of emergency.

Sinbian

I know all of my neighbors but it's a small place. But now I get the feeling that no matter where you are people are not that happy about making new friendships.

Lorenzo

We've lived in our house for four years and I still don't know everyone in the neighborhood. It's probably because people are so busy with work, school and other responsibilities that there is no time for idle talk. Gone were the days when it's common practice for a neighbor to knock on another person's door - bringing goodies- and welcoming him or her to the neighborhood.

Sinbian

We've lived in our house for four years and I still don't know everyone in the neighborhood. It's probably because people are so busy with work, school and other responsibilities that there is no time for idle talk. Gone were the days when it's common practice for a neighbor to knock on another person's door - bringing goodies- and welcoming him or her to the neighborhood.
That has nothing to do with work or busy schedules. The reason is people that became selfish and they won't spend their "precious" time on others.

Bearsfan

I know in the neighborhood I grew up in, there were tons of school age kids and we all went to the same school. So with the kids constantly interacting the parents always interacted. Now, today there are play "dates" and everything has to be organized and arranged, verses when I was a kid, we would just run around the neighborhood and play.

Bear

We will have been here four years in June and I still don't know all of my neighbors. Everyone waves but no one seems interested in getting to know each other.