Why is it so hard?

benben

I am having a hard time these days. Seems like all I do is be a husband, a dad and a worker. Is it selfish of me to want to have nights out with the guys?

Salazar

I don't think that's selfish at all. Why haven't you been taking time for yourself? Everybody needs personal time to get out for a night or spend time working on a hobby.

youngdad

No, it's not selfish. In fact, I think it's a good thing. I think everyone needs time to themselves to do things they enjoy. A night out with friends is a great idea!

2andalone

It's not selfish to want some time for yourself to do things you want to do with your friends. Everybody deserves some down time, right? As long as it's not putting your family in a tough spot financially, of course.

bighelp

Not really but at the same time, your wife is thinking almost the same. She is a mom, maybe a worker and a wife. Each persons sometimes needs time to themselves, thats just life. Anyone that says otherwise is silly.

Phillie

Not selfish at all - tell your wife. Why not get a sitter and have a night out with the guys and she can go out with the gals? Then you can meet up at the end of the night and spend some alone time.

ChristopherT

Sometimes the only time you get to yourself is the ride to and from work. If you can't get away try running errands on the weekend without kids.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I do not think it is selfish. The wife wants me to. Sadly just too much to do right now. I would love to just take a day off to go fishing. But I feel guilty with all the work to be done.

Dan

I tried joining a basketball weekly game a few years ago but it wasn't worth the complaining and snide comments I got at home before and after.