Why so soon?

Aiden

I've been thinking about this lately and it's driving me crazy. Have you ever noticed that so many couples get married and then divorce within a year or a few years? I can't imagine just giving up so quickly like that. How sad! :(

Zebeddee

I know what you mean. The thing that surprises me the most is when this happens with couples who lived together for a while beforehand. Actually, this is what happened to me and my ex! I don't think we gave up as much as accepted the sad truth quicker than people did in the past.

stayathomepaul

There can be a lot of reasons people rush in to a marriage that they might not be ready for. With financial hard times some people are trying the marriage thing out because they think it might be fiscally better. No matter the reason I think it is just people getting married for the wrong reasons.

WillyWonka

Things are just moving faster than they used to or so it seems to me. My wife and I went steady all during junior and senior years of high school and we didn't get married until she got out of LPN training. I had been going through college at the same time and we married during the junior year of college for me. We didn't have children until she and I had worked a couple of years. So, in comparison, a lot of people really rush things these days, or so it's my opinion.

Salazar

I got divorced pretty quickly with my first wife. We were too young and we got married because she was pregnant, which is never a good reason to say "I do." At the time, I thought I was doing the responsible thing, but that wasn't the case.

Howard

Sometimes I guess people don't really know what they are getting into until they get into it. I have noticed that it seems many more people don't want to be locked into a long-term relationship and don't want "the piece of paper".