Why stay single yet you have an affair?

Jatelo2

Some single fathers are stand-up parents and with self-respect. Their main energy is concentrated in helping the young one(s). However, there are those who have affairs and yet wouldn't want to marry. I just thought that if someone is seeing the need to have an affair, they should also think about marriage to avoid giving the very poor examples to the kids. What is your take on this?

R. Paradon

My children are both married with family of their own. But when I was raising them I was in many affairs. Just never found the person who I wanted to marry. It did not effect my children as those I was seeing needed my kids to like them or there would never be a second date. Just because you are single and raising kids does not mean you have to be celibate.

youngone

Are you saying people who have affairs should think about getting married? I don't quite get what you are trying to say.

My Dad had an affair when I was a young boy and it affected me badly. It destroyed the trust in our relationship.

daddyjay

What do you mean affair? I think of affair as when someone is married and cheats on their spouse? I am thinking you do not mean it that way. Are you saying they just date casually or have physical relationships but nothing deeper?

Christian

I think that what Jatelo is referring to is men who have relationships with women but don't marry them. In this country it is perfectly acceptable to date, have sex with, or live with someone without marrying them. Personally, I don't think having kids should be the only reason you marry someone.

Justadad

I agree with Christian that you should not get married just for the kids' sake. I am pretty old fashioned and did get married, twice, but our children all lived with partners for years before some of them got married. It's the modern way.

Bear

Just because you go out to dinner with someone and have a good time doesn't mean that you want to spend the rest of your life with them. I don't thik there is anything wrong with single fathers having relationships without marrying the man or woman.

Andersson

Not all people are the married type, many I know have never been tamed. A few of my male friends are still no where near close to being house trained. :D

RianMerino

I would not think that a single parent would marry the first person the date. I would expect them to date around and find the best person for themselves and their children. It is acceptable in this country to date around and have "relations" outside of marriage.