Wife showing

Phillie

My wife is feeling pretty down in the dumps – she is starting to show already so she swears by the end of the pregnancy she will be bigger than a house! I think it’s awesome – I love that she is starting to show – I love talking to her stomach (baby). I think she is getting annoyed with me being so excited. Her first husband (step-sons dad) was not so into the whole pregnancy but I am. I don’t think I’m wrong do you. How soon in the pregnancy do the hormones kick in? I keep telling her how beautiful she is.

BobbiJ

Well from what I remember - any pregnant woman can have hormonal issues at any time. Keep telling her that she is beautiful - you might get a frying pan up aside your head if you irritate her too much.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I used to point to the wifes and say "I did that". I always thought it was beautiful. But they do not always agree.

bighelp

Every woman says that even the ones that carry very light say it. I would avoid upsetting her and remind her that its not a permanent issue. I can not think of one lady who did not lose pregnancy weight within three months after the birth, remind her of that too.

Denny

I think you're doing everything you need to. Hormones are there from the very beginning. I don't think I would try to talk her out of feeling bad though, that's pretty natural. Show her you don't mind the baby bump, but also give her space.

Zimmer

Best advice I can give you is learn to shut up and agree with whatever she says, I don't mind fighting with my wife but boy when she was pregnant she'd yell one minute and cry the other.

Dave07

Oh, the hormones pretty much start immediately! My wife was depressed at the end of her pregnancy and she was big but there was a big baby in there too! Just keep telling her how beautiful she is, that it won't last forever, and make her feel special. :)

DaddyO

Oh those lovely hormonal mood swings. Learn to smile, nod and agree realistically. Do whatever you can to make her time feel special. I'm sure it's a lot to go through.

Phillie

I'm trying to be good - I really am. I still tell her she is beautiful! I'm going to try that line Jason - I did that! I bet I'll get punched! I would not want to carry a baby for 9 months inside of me.

Bear

Keep up the good work Phillie it really does go by quick and then you have a baby so just enjoy the time you have with your wife before the baby comes. :)

Clive

My wife is really starting to show now, but oddly enough, she isn't upset about it. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and for her to start freaking out, but she seems happy about it. Guess I got lucky that she's more concerned about the baby than her appearance. Than again, it ain't over til it's over, lol.