Without a salary increase?

Cruise

If you were offered a promotion but you wouldn't get more salary for that though it's good for your career, would you still take it? Any of you has ever had to deal with the situation?

Ralph

It's a purely hypothetical situation, right. You will mostly get a raise when you get a promotion. But if I were in such a situation, I would likely take the challenge as it would be good for my career.

PeterPater

I did something similar a long time ago. I was pretty much doing the extra work anyhow so I was grateful for the better job title. It really did help my resume too, and I left the company shortly after for a better position, with a pay raise!

bighelp

I am not sure that I would really, for me an increase in both responsibility and pay is something I would be looking for. I want to further what I do for a living but I do not want to beat my head against a desk either.

pokerdad

If it was a step towards another goal, then yes, I would take the position. But, otherwise, it would really depend on the amount of extra work and additional time that would be required.

Salazar

It would have to be a big step in the right direction for me to take on more responsibility without getting a raise. Job titles are all fine and well, but at the end of the day it comes down to experience and knowledge.

Mack

Wow--that doesn't sound fair at all! I'm not sure I would do it. Have they told you why there is no increase in pay commensurate with an increase in responsibility? I think to take it would set the wrong precedent.