Women... blah blah blah

the saint

I understand that women are different from men, and they are forever talking about everything past, present and future... Don't they know when to stop?

PaPaul

Banned
They're wired for communication, and they do it through words. It's not a matter of "knowing when to stop," but more a matter of they CAN'T stop - they have to talk about it, because that's how they figure it out.

My wife admits that she wishes she could be more like men in that respect sometimes, just see something, take it for what it is, and move on. She simply can't!

Jeff

I agree with PaPaul as my wife and I have had the same conversation. If she wants something done or to talk something to death I just let her, it is easier that way. And If it is something I can do I do it to stop her from bringing it up again.

SteppinIn

This is when I make suggestions to my wife that she call up one of her girlfriends or put together a "girl's night." I honestly can't stand it and she always wants a response from me, and I never had one. She's happier to talk things out with her friends - and I'm happy to let her.

MickL

Even women (as well as men) are different among each other. My wife is not really a talkative person. I love to see (and listen to) her when she is talking though.

SamMo

Even women (as well as men) are different among each other. My wife is not really a talkative person. I love to see (and listen to) her when she is talking though.
I agree. I know a lot of females who don't know when to shut up but my own wife isn't one of them although I do tease her regularly and tell her to stop nagging. She knows I don't mean it! :p

Wilbur

My wife talks a lot too. Thankfully, I am a big talker myself otherwise I don't think I could put up with her. That said, she still does manage to wear me out now and then, but I just let her go.