Work and family

bighelp

It seems for some its hard to adjust when you work at home but so far I am doing quite fine. I start before my youngest was born and while there are hectic days sometimes, I just do not understand why its so hard for others. What am I doing differently?

Mack

Maybe you are a very goal-oriented person. I don't work from home, but if I was to make that choice, I think having clear goals is what would help keep me on track.

MickL

Yeah I think you are an independent and target-oriented person. You may prefer to work alone than to work in a team. Some people don't feel motivated when they work alone.

bighelp

Another friend of mine is having serious issues with this but keep in mind his youngest child is like, I want to say maybe 1 1/2? He is doing most of the work and it seems the marriage is slipping from it. I can not think of anything to tell him to do different either. I might just refer him to the site and send him over, hoping an outlet like this may help.

Jack

I drove a truck before becoming the stay at home parent. You go from Point A to Point B and that's pretty much it. The multi-tasking at home took getting used to.

bighelp

Right now I have been trying for at least 20-30 minutes a day during the weekday but sometimes with work to juggle its been a little hard to do. I heard that about 1.5 lb/week is a good starting goal. Anyone know?