Writing books

Ifamily

No, it is not me but a friend of mine. He was just laid off and he told me about building a career as a book writer. I know popular writers like J.K. Rowling has made billions from writing books, but she didn't achieve success overnight.

polamalu43

Sounds like a neat plan if she or he can write. I would still look for work though and write in my free time. There are a ton of great writers out there that are not published or famous.

WagnerB

Yeah, there are many good authors making money writing books or/and ebooks. But I wouldn't write books as my main job, even if I were good at writing. I would just do it as a hobby.

Terry

I know a man who broke into this field by writing romance novels, for a company who have a specific formula to follow. He liked it so much that the job continued long term. Maybe that's worth a try if money is the biggest issue.

Blake

Writing well is a great talent to have. I wish I could do it. I think it's a good idea to try if you think you have the skill. It's not going to be quick success all the time, but better now than never.

Keepworking

I would love to write books though I wouldn't do it to make a living on. I think today you can publish your books more easily and in more ways than you did in the past. You can publish your books as ebooks and distribute them online.