Xbox Kinect?

CHenne

We have a Wii gaming console and it’s a ton of fun but the kids want the X-Box Kinnect now. They keep telling me it’s a better system because you don’t have to hang on to a remote. Anyone have a Kinnect? How much did it cost? Is it really a better console?

The games we usually play are active ones. My kids want to get Zumba but from the looks of it, the kinnect will show their moves better than the Wii. I said what difference does it make (your score) as long as we are having fun and being active.

polamalu43

We too have a Wii console and we love it. My kids would love for me to buy the Kinect too but I am not spending that kind of money. I would love to know who has one too and if they love it?

SamMo

My grandson got one for Christmas and he absolutely loves it! The only downside is that you do need a large room in which to play so we couldn't use one in our small house.

Adam

What is the difference between Kinect for Wii and Kinect for the X-box? They seem pretty similar to me. Though, I have realized that the pricing of their games is a little different.

pokerdad

The Kinect is for the X-Box. The Wii is a different console made by Nintendo. With the Wii you still have a remote. With the Kinect, from what I understand, you don't have to hold onto anything, the sensor can read your movements. I would love to try one out.

danno

We've got one and, yes, you do need to own the X Box in order to use the Kinect. You need to be 15 foot away from the screen for optimum performance and you don't need to hold anything at all. My son loves it!