Yes, I clean.

lamant

Not, yes I am clean but that too. I do clean as in I do not like an over messy home. Blame it on the OCD or not but I just do not like the idea of a dirty pigsty to live in and call my home. Why are men so against this?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not against it either. I often clean, much tot he dismay of the wife. I even get into kicks where I will do a big cleaning. It usually results in me getting ridding of stuff, which the wife gets even more upset about.

lamant

I once ended up tossing out an old couch that I really just could not stand to see anymore! The biggest issue right now is the place we are in, has fake popcorn ceiling. It seems whoever thought it was cool (besides in style) ended up going the cheap route and using a cement type fake mix that from what I have been reading is much harder to remove than the normal style. I wish I could make that go. :(

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I once ended up tossing out an old couch that I really just could not stand to see anymore! The biggest issue right now is the place we are in, has fake popcorn ceiling. It seems whoever thought it was cool (besides in style) ended up going the cheap route and using a cement type fake mix that from what I have been reading is much harder to remove than the normal style. I wish I could make that go. :(
I hate that stuff too. I think they do it to cover up sloppy work. It gets on my nerves, especially if there is a vent near it. I did not have popcorn, but had some swirl style on my ceiling. I ended up sheet rocking over it so I can get it smooth. The main reason though was because of work done in the kitchen and did not two styles as the kitchen ran into the dining and living room without a break.

MilwaukeeJoe

There are several chores that are strictly my responsibility. Some chores though, I just don't do up to my wife's standards, but she always finds other things for me to do.

Paul40

Nothing wrong with cleaning, I do it too. Probably not as often or as much as my wife would like but I do help out. Hey I know we both work and it takes 2 and the kids to help out around the house.

Jeff

My wife being pregnant can not clean the kitty litter so I do it. I also take out the trash and she cooks dinner so I clean the kitchen so that she can relax. I also help with laundry, vacuuming, and whatever else she wants me to do. I know it probably is not always done her way, but she never complains.

Seven

I wouldn't say I'm a neat freak, but I like a clean house. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have to tell the kids every day to do their chores.

spencer

I think no man ever meets his wife's standards but probably that is what nature intended it to be.

I love a clean environment but at the same things get messy really fast.

Unclerob

I'm a clean freak and I love to help out with cleaning. Right now it's just the 2 of us but soon to be 3 :). I see no problem with cleaning and being a man. I think it's up to both of us to have our house look the way we want it to.

benben

I like to clean. I enjoy doing my own laundry. The problem is that this seems to offend my wife. Like there are certain jobs that I am not supposed to be doing.

Salazar

My wife has told me that the reason she gets aggravated when I clean is because she wants to be able to take care of me better than she thinks she does. That's her silly perception - I think she does a great job. Even though she works from home, it's still a job and she has to take care of the baby too. Some days I just need to jump in and help out with the housework when I get home. No big deal.