Your fun is not my fun

bighelp

With a huge family gathering coming up every other day its email tag between six people. Everyone wants to do what they love, not what we all enjoy together. I think after this trip I will need a vacation for myself.

Anthony

It's always hard to get large groups together family or otherwise. First you have to find a time when you can all get together, and then find stuff to do together. Good Luck!

badge67

Sometimes big family gatherings are more trouble than they are worth for the very reasons you mention. I don't know about you, but my one aunt is one of those women who wants to control everything and if she doesn't get her way she pouts. I finally told my Mom that if Aunt Diane wants to be in control and plan everything around what she likes to do, she can pay for it.

Regis

I finally told my Mom that if Aunt Diane wants to be in control and plan everything around what she likes to do, she can pay for it.
Good answer! My (almost) wife's family is like this. I went on my first big family vacation last year and we had to go on vacation a month later to recuperate.

Davidson

I hate family gatherings, you can pick your friends, but you are born into your family. I don't mind doing something that I don't enjoy all that much, but I'm not going to do everything that everybody else enjoys and not get to do at least one thing I also enjoy. And like Badge said, there is always one,two in every family who wants 30 people to do all the things he/she likes.

Last edited:

CHenne

I love family gatherings and I always just give in and do what the others want. Are they people that are from the area? or are they visitors? You should give in if they are only here for a short time.