Zimmerman's impending divorce

BigPapa

George Zimmerman's wife is filing for divorce stating that she "never really knew him at all." Apparently, since the acquittal, he has been acing like he is invincible. I see him not lasting too long if that is his attitude. I wonder if it is guilt over what he did that has made him act that way? What do you think?

CHenne

Could be... I keep waiting for someone to play "vigilante" on him. I don't wish it on him but I have a feeling it will happen. I wonder if the wife really knows the truth so she is divorcing him.

olderthandirt

I still can't believe the guy was acquitted. It sounds like the wife knew better than the jury, to me. I wouldn't want to stay with him, either.

polamalu43

Amen to that! She knew better than the jury. It is one thing to have to prove it to a jury. It is harder to lie to family. I don't think this (divorce) should make the news though.

Victor

I'm not surprised. I'd bail too if I were her. Even though he was acquitted, I think he was in the wrong and maybe she does too. As for his "invincible" attitude, that would be hard to swallow.

CHenne

I read today that he punched his father-in-law in the face and he is back in jail? Anyone know if this is true? Maybe justice will be sorta served after all.

olderthandirt

Yesterday, Zimmerman was 'detained' after his wife called 911, saying he threatened her and her father with a gun, after punching her dad and smashing her iPad. Later, she didn't press charges and he was let go.

Since when does whether the woman presses charges or not matter? With domestic violence, it's supposed to be an automatic charge, no matter what the victim does.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday, Zimmerman was 'detained' after his wife called 911, saying he threatened her and her father with a gun, after punching her dad and smashing her iPad. Later, she didn't press charges and he was let go.

Since when does whether the woman presses charges or not matter? With domestic violence, it's supposed to be an automatic charge, no matter what the victim does.
Because it is looking like she may have lied to the police again. Police are saying there was no gun involved, although Zimmerman's attorney said he believes Zimmerman may have had his gun on him.

Punching the father-in-law is still in dispute also.

However that does not stop the media from running with a story before the full facts are actually proven.

There is supposed to be a video of the dispute but the police have yet to release it. And they still may press changes depending on the facts of the case, not media or public opinion.

BigPapa

The police can't release it, because they don't have it. It is on the smashed iPad. They are working on recovering it though. The problem I see is that the father in law and Zimmerman's wife both say he threatened them with a gun, Zimmerman says the gun wasn't on him and Zimmerman's lawyer says that he did have it on him, but he didn't pull it out. Someone is lying and it sounds like Zimmerman is the odd one out in this case.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
You do understand that the police said that he did not have a gun on him?

"We didn't find a gun," Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said late Monday night. "We didn't find anything that indicated he had a gun on his person."

Read more: George Zimmerman released after incident involving estranged wife | Fox News

As far as lying, she has lied to police and to the court system also. Her credibility is just as bad. And she recounted her story about him having a gun.

I'm still wondering what possessed him to go over there if they both had restraining orders against each other.

Victor

This is such a mess. Have they had any luck recovering the iPad video yet? I didn't hear it was recoverable but it sure would be good to have an actual record, rather than depending on his word or hers.