A couple months out!

streakanime

Our little boy is due in just a few months. This will be both of our first. We are both nervous for a lot of different reasons. Anyone have any tips for a first time daddy? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :cool:

Bear

Congratulations Streakanime! Being a father is awesome. The best advice I can give you is to prepare for a LOT less sleep, and to be as supportive of your wife as you can. Help around the house, cook dinner, fold laundry etc. For those first few months she needs to sleep when the baby sleeps so a lot of the household responsibilities will fall to you.

R. Paradon

Great News! The best advice I can offer is to have a lot of patience for you wife and the little one! I an not offer any more as Bear has said it best!

tommymac

First off....cut the cord if/when the doctor offers. You'll regret it otherwise.

When I first became a father, I insisted on doing all of the late night feedings as it gave me time to bond with the kiddo. Moms get to have a lot of that time to themselves, especially if they breastfeed.

youngone

Being nervous and apprehensive is totally normal, it is fear of the unknown. Humans generally don't like change and having a child is a big change, one of the biggest changes you will experience in a lifetime. I know I was petrified about being a dad but I soon learned it is nothing to be afraid of. My advice would be to enjoy it, you are lucky.

Lorenzo

Our little boy is due in just a few months. This will be both of our first. We are both nervous for a lot of different reasons. Anyone have any tips for a first time daddy? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :cool:
Congrats to you and your wife, Streakanime! There is no greater feeling in the world than being a Dad. I was scared the first time, too, but you will get the hang of it. When my wife and I had our first baby, I tried to help her as much as I can. We took turns in taking care of the baby like putting her to sleep, bathing, changing her diapers, among others. You will have your hands full, believe me. But it's something you are bound to enjoy and will look back to fondly. Good luck!

BigPapa

As a first timer, it is normal to be a little nervous but really the best advice I can offer is to love your baby. Everything else will fall in to place believe me. You may not sleep and time will pass way too quickly but it is one heck of a ride.

Niceness8000

Yes, figure out how to put your baby in your car seat before you bring him home. I didn't think about this detail, and I spend about 20 minutes in the hospital drive thru trying to figure it out. Also, you will be especially nervous taking him home. It's because you won't have the benefit of nurses everywhere to help you like you did in the hospital. Don't panic. You will figure it out.