Ah, Wet Sheets

Victor

My daughter crawled into bed with me this morning and I woke up later, soaking wet. She'd peed the bed! That was fun. I got us both out of bed and cleaned up (luckily the baby stayed in a dry area) and now I'm doing laundry.

BigPapa

Oh that really stinks! How old is your daughter? I know my nephew wore the Goodnights for quite awhile when he was younger because he couldn't wake himself up to use the bathroom. Maybe you could try those.

Victor

She is 3 years old. Most nights she stays dry so I think we will skip the Goodnights; they would just confuse her. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Salazar

I think hanging in there for now is the best idea, Victor. The Goodnights can be an option if she wets the bed repeatedly in another year or two.

We're about to start potty training our little one and I am anticipating some wet nights. I guess it would be too much to ask for her to stay in her bed if she's going to have an accident! :D

Endalia

Have you thought of a waterproof mattress pad? There are some now that aren't plastic or rubber, but are made out of some type of fabric. I wish they had been around when my bunch was that age.

BigPapa

Another option, which is what we used with my daughter is waking her up at a certain time at night to go potty. When they are younger they often have a hard time realizing they need to pee and waking up. If you wake her up eventually she will be able to wake herself up when she needs too. That stage can be tough to get through though.

Victor

Yes, we have a fabric mattress pad. To be honest, the vinyl protector on her bed is easier to deal with since you just wipe it clean instead of laundering it.

It's not so bad. She really does do quite well and most nights are dry. It just sucked waking up in it. I've been a bit paranoid whenever she's crawled into bed since then.