Any random day

Andersson

Once a month I make it a treat to pamper the lady of the house, why? Its not a holiday or a birthday or even because she asked. I have noticed in all these years when you let them take the route of not asking, you end up getting less arguing. ;)

Babar

That's a really good idea, although it doesn't have to be limited to once a month like clockwork. Always having thoughtfulness on the forefront of your mind is the key to a successful, healthy marriage. Your wife should be reciprocating, too!

Victor Leigh

You have a lucky wife. And having a lucky wife makes you a lucky husband, too. Like Babar said, don't make it a routine thing. Make it impromptu. That makes it more fun.

flfsurveyor

Also, don't set a pattern like you would be extra nice right after you do something wrong; cuz then she'd think "what did you do this time?" next time you give her a treat.
Wives have always accused husbands of being thoughtless, you, are living proof that is not true.

Dan

That's not a bad idea. I should start squirreling money away and treat her once a month to something--even if it's a day without me and the kids!

Jatelo2

A splendid Idea that is! Now the only problem is when you will miss to treat her for whatever reason or let's just say unavoidable circumstances. That is why I agree with some responses here that, make it as random and as unpredictable as possible to avoid rough times when a timetable is not followed!

BigDaddy

Wife here: I like getting surprises on any random day over a set holiday where I feel like I should expect it.

erin

What a wonderful husband you are! My hubby and I do something like that but I'm usually the one that schedules it. We take turns deciding where to go.

polamalu43

Nice! I do the same just not as often. We have a great relationship and it's because we both go the extra mile for each other. Relationships take work, I'm a working man.