Are there support groups in your area?

daddyjay

I have noticed that in my area it is hard to find support groups for single dads. There are several groups nearby that are for single moms. But each of these groups actually excludes single dads.

youngone

I have noticed that in my area it is hard to find support groups for single dads. There are several groups nearby that are for single moms. But each of these groups actually excludes single dads.
I wouldn't want to be involved with the single mom group, spending time with all of those women would not be my idea of support.

There is a lack of support groups for dads in my area, I don't think there is any! Maybe we should set up our own support group if no one else will...

Jatelo2

Join online support groups! though they may have some few unrealistic people, the opinions on different matters are very diverse and thus well serving!

youngone

Join online support groups! though they may have some few unrealistic people, the opinions on different matters are very diverse and thus well serving!
Online support groups are good, I suppose you could consider this forum to be a support group. However, talking to fellow single fathers online is not the same as meeting face-to-face. It is the face-to-face interaction and friendship some of us need.

daddyjay

I wish there were more support groups for single dads. It is sad that more areas do not offer these. This is especially true since there are increasingly more single fathers. Joining online support groups is certainly not a bad idea though.

Jatelo2

Online support groups are good, I suppose you could consider this forum to be a support group. However, talking to fellow single fathers online is not the same as meeting face-to-face. It is the face-to-face interaction and friendship some of us need.
I have to agree with the fact that a face-to-face is better than online as far as personal touch is concerned. However if there is no way to get that personal, then online support groups will still be your best bet!