Back to school

papabear

Has anyone got all their back to school shopping done yet? Ours goes back in 2 weeks. Looks like we're going to have to put ours off 'till the last minute.

Caleb

Nope, my kids don't go back until September though. We have plenty of time left. I let the kids go with my wife for school clothes shopping. It's almost a full 2 weeks pay out the door!

BigJohn

No, we haven't started yet. Actually, I was walking through the drug store and saw the aisle with all the supplies and it was a bit of a shock. I might be ready for my son to go back to school, but I'm not ready for summer to be over.

Lefty

My wife shops for things like this through the year when things are on sale. We have a closet where things like this are kept so we always have them on hand. She bought up a lot last year at the end of the school shopping season when things were on sale.

Jdrake

My kids will go back in 4 weeks. I have never done back to school shopping before. My girls father wants to take them school supply shopping though so I guess I get out of it this time.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Next week the state runs a tax discount on certain items. That is when we will do our shopping.

Jdrake

Wow, tax discounts. Is that something that has been going on awhile? Do you have to do anything to be able to get the discount? I wonder if my state has something like that.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Well tax discount may be the wrong way to say it. But they waive some sales tax on certain items like clothes and school supplies.