Balancing Work and Childcare

PaPaul

Banned
I work part-time out of the house during the day, but when I (and the rest of the family) get home, I have some work that I get done at home. I get some done in the morning while everyone is gone, but when I realized that "prime family time" was the hours just as everyone is home, I had to reschedule my afternoon work to become evening work while everyone's getting ready for bed. I have to wonder for those who need to work more hours than I; how do you balance it?

Johnny

It can be very hard, but you just have to do what you have to do. I mean, you have less time for yourself and you don't get the sleep you need. Mainly, all you can do is put your family first and make the money.

Jeff

You just have to put your priorities in order. Your family is vary important and so is the money to provide for your family. I do not get much sleep, but have money that we need and we get family time together which is most important.

Kenny

I just try to make a schedule for the week and stick to it. I do all my work from home and there are frequently deadlines involved. Some nights I do get very little sleep!

PaPaul

Banned
It is crazy how much of our health we sacrifice, isn't it? My wife told me today that a friend of hers works a 9-5 job during the day, takes care of the kids and has them and herself in bed by 9, but then wakes up at 1am to bake cakes for extra income. This is an every day schedule for her - I could never survive off of 4 hours of sleep!

Heartbeat

It is very hard to do. I have reports to do when I come home after I've spent the day at the office. I do this every night and it really takes up a lot of time. I thought the money was worth it but now, with a little one on the way, I am rethinking some of that.