Bathing your baby?

MickL

Did you ever have to bathe your baby? You were lucky if you didn't. That's terrible, trust me. I think it's for experienced professionals only, so don't try this at home LOL. Just kidding.

Last edited:

Theran

They can be quite slippery, that's for sure. From the time we brought our daughter home from the hospital I have been in charge of the bedtime routine. It gives my wife a much needed break and it allows me some alone time with the baby. Bathing her was a battle in the beginning, but she's finally started to enjoy the water so we're having more fun these days.

Caleb

On my own? No way! Are you kidding. I've helped my wife but I don't trust my hands to hold the baby. Soap, water and a baby is just too dangerous for me. I see an accident waiting to happen!

Theran

Oh, come on, guys! What makes your wife any more capable than you are? I like the fact that my wife happily hands our daughter over to me for bath time and other responsibilities. I trust myself, of course, but it's also nice to know that she does too.

newb2diaps

It was scary to start with but what tops bath time is nail clipping time. That I fully avoid at all costs, I am too quick sometimes myself and get a pinch. I would hate the idea of pinching a kiddo between the nails.

MickL

Oh, come on, guys! What makes your wife any more capable than you are?
There are many things, I believe. :D The fact that she carried the baby for nine months is only one among the other reasons. That's great though that you are able to bathe your own baby, and I would love to learn it indeed.