Bike Time!

Victor

My three year old is finally figuring out how to pedal and loves to ride her bike (with training wheels). She's not great at it yet but I figure after a few more sessions, she'll figure out to how to not accidentally brake. It's cute to see her ride.

On The Mark

Isn't it though? I remember when my youngest learned to ride. We were way out in the country and we started her in the driveway. From there, to a road that led up to a dead end close to the toll road. Near the end of the day, around sunset, you could hear but not see the big rigs on the freeway. Good times.

Zimmer

My father taught me how to ride a bike and I did the same with my sons. I always considered it a right of passage of sorts, the first steps to independence and freedom.

John

Our community is putting in some new greenways specifically designed for bicycles. We are so looking forward to riding the river route. Eventually, our state plans to have one all the way to the coast. The grandchildren will be here by that time, I'm sure, but it sounds like a great ride.

Victor

John, you must be so excited about the greenways. I wish they had something like that here! How long will it be before the river route is done?

John

Victor, I'll believe the "finished" part when I see it. You know how things go with civic projects. I didn't see any type of projection dates in the article I was reading. The one that leads to the coast won't go through my city, but we do have some already in place by the river. That's my favorite one.

Alfy

We live out in the country and children bike down the road. It's a busy road and people drive too fast, so it worries me a little when I see children riding by themselves. My children learned to ride down our lane. It has a little incline so they found it easy to learn by coasting first to get their balance. My daughter's training wheels lasted two days before she insisted I take them off.

popsmcnitt

That's great news Victor. I take my son biking once every two weeks or so. We head over to the local elementary school as it has a lot of open space and it is next to a public park. My son has one of those stunt bikes with the pegs on the tires. I just have a regular mountain bike. Biking serves as a great bonding experience.