Books For Young Teens

On The Mark

Can anyone recommend some good authors for 14 year old girls? My daughter has kind of a year long "assignment". She needs to read a certain amount of books by the end of the school year, and we're kind of at a loss as to which authors write books for that age level.

BigPapa

There are so many authors that write for girls in this age group, but it really depends on what your daughter likes. I would have try the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. From what I understand, the teenage girls like it. Maybe she could also try the Hunger Games series.

On The Mark

Cassandra Clare, I'll check on her. Thanks for tip. She likes to read about social issues that teens face but with a little mystery thrown in for good measure. Kind of like how The Hardy Boys series were.

Andersson

Go to the library there are tons of books there and it seems like we forget about those places now since we have the web. I like to play on the net but I love a good book any day!

popsmcnitt

I recommend The Catcher In The Rye, Hatchet and anything by Joyce Carol Oates, including the novel "I'll Take You There". John Steinbeck is another fantastic author for young readers. You should tell her to pick up The Red Pony, The Winter of Our Discontent and Tortilla Flat. Those are three of his most underrated works.

Timeless

My daughter is into books by John Green. The first one is "The Fault in Our Stars". She described it as a funny and heartbreaking love story. Another of his books is "Looking for Alaska".