Breakfast for kids

rodney482

Do you or your wife make a hot breakfast for your child? My wife was sort of talked down to by another mother because she does not make our kids a hot breakfast every day. Got her upset when the other mom said it was her job to make our kids pancakes, eggs or other hot meals for breakfast.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter does not always want a hot breakfast. She will often eat a banana or a yogurt and be happy. A hot breakfast is nice, but not always required I think.

eric

On the weekends my 10 year old daughter usually has a hot breakfast; pancakes or scrambled eggs. During the week she usually has microwave oatmeal or cold cereal. Time is really the reason. During the week, me and her mon are rushing to get to work and she's rushing to get to school. As long as your daughter is eating healthy that's the important thing. I think your wife should be quite frank with her friend and tell her to mind her own business.

newb2diaps

I do not think it always has to be hot either, sorry but when its over 90 outside the last thing you want is a hot breakfast, sometimes you want a cold one. We just get creative in our house, but I do remember a friend I went to high school with was only given the choice of hot foods int he morning, and I truly hate hot cereal myself so I felt for him I really did.

Caleb

I don't think it has to be a hot breakfast either every day. I think having pancakes every day would be unhealthy for your kids. It's important to have a healthy breakfast each morning, to get your kids up and moving.

Josephmorisson

My 2 sons are still young. Whatever my wife prepares for breakfast, they have no complains. My wife used to cook fried rice with scrambled egg plus ham and bacon for kids. They love this kind of breakfast meal. My little girl is choosy. She wants cereals every morning with a glass a milk.

BigJohn

We do hot breakfasts about 2 to 3 days a week. It's hard getting them ready, and us ready and then to make sure they eat. There's nothing wrong with a bowl of cereal. Cereal with milk probably has more nutrients than pancakes when you think about it.

SilverVeil

I don't think its what you eat, but that you eat. Mom's friend should be told it's not up to the friend to be happy with the parenting style.