Can you take her back after divorce?

Jatelo2

I've seen some divorced parents have a very cordial relationship thereafter and even visit and spend together. I do ask myself why these happy people can't remarry or is not ok? Anybody with such experience?

R. Paradon

I had a cordial relationship with my former wife for years. And if I did not live 8000 miles away we would still be friends. BUT loving somebody is a lot different then being IN LOVE. Could we ever re-marry? NEVER.

youngone

I agree with Paradon. There is a big difference between having a cordial friendship and remarrying. I think it's great when you can remain civil with your ex and even have a worthwhile friendship, but that doesn't mean remarrying is the right thing to do.

daddyjay

I have known people who do remarry. I think sometimes people do love and care for one another, but they just cannot live together. This could be why people go back and forth.

Andersson

Some people are much better alone than they are together. I have seen a few couples try to make the spark happen again but none ever managed to make it work the second time around.

mollew3

Yeah I think a person would have to go through a significant amount of changes for you to get back with somebody after a divorce. I wouldnt advise it because most likely the person hasnt changed and your going to be dealing with the same issues.

ghanashyam

I do not think it is possible and even if they do remarry the old reasons may come haunting them. Being cordial is one thing and remarry is something different. May be the people remain cordial due to children or only to keep the enemy at bay.

Lorenzo

I can't say I know a couple personally who got divorced then got back together again. I've only seen this happen on TV, the movies and in books, but not in real life. But I think there are celebrity couples who've gone from being divorced to being married and then divorced again. The thing is, if you've decided to divorce someone, it wouldn't be easy to get married to that person again, especially if you had a lot of history arguing or fighting with each other.

Gavin

The main reason I'm getting a divorce is the main reason why we would never re-marry. When you commit your life to someone you have to live will ALL of their qualities ALL the time. When you're friends with someone you can pick and choose the time you spend together, therefor not have to live with the qualities that you simply can't live with.

Some people change over time and that's what I did. Part of that change made certain qualities of my wife unbearable to live with. So we're getting a divorce. We will still be friends for the sake of our daughter, and she is a good person, but I just can't live with her.

SingleDadNow

I think that it can happen, but only if both sides are extremely committed to changing the things that led to the breakup in the beginning. I know a couple who did it, and seem very happy. It took years to make it happen, though.

Bear

I think that it can happen, but it is certainly not the norm. I think for some people the time that is spent apart is beneficial and may lead to positive changes that could help the relationship.