Career and Marriage do not side by side.

ghanashyam

I was higher education after graduation but while doing it, I got married and then the children came and came with them house duties and my dream of completing the higher education side by side with marriage vanished.
What is your experience?

youngone

I don't see why you can't maintain a healthy marriage and pursue a higher education. It's no different to working full-time and having a relationship. A higher education probably requires less hours than a full-time job.

FrankSinatra

They can go side-by-side if you work on it and create an action plan to accomplish your goals. The same thing could be said about anything if you are a quitter and give up without trying your best and doing everything you can to figure it out.

joeldgreat

Hi, there's no reason why you can't pursue a higher education even if your already married. I've done this before already. Married, with kids, having a full-time job and schooling should be manageable. That is if you can manage to take care of your time. My experience was, during our second baby, I manage to get a master's degree by simply going to school during Saturday. I do have a full-job which requires me to work at least 8 hours during weekdays. I also bring my eldest to school and be home early to cooked for dinner. That routine and among other family things was manageable once you put your mind into it. And during Saturday, I go to school the whole day for 2 years and eventually get my masters degree.

R. Paradon

It is very easy to say "i can't do ______." But if you have the desire and are willing to sacrifice time and energy over and above your normal life you can do ANYTHING! It may take years but you can do it!

daddyjay

It can be challenging to balance a career-especially a demanding one and a family. I think family should always be the first focus. BUt, you also need to put your best efforts into your career. It is possible to balance both especially if you have the support of your family.

Jatelo2

I've seen the same in the lives of many of my friends. It is true that these thing don't go hand in hand. Simply put, it is basically a matter of choosing one as you perish the other!

ghanashyam

It is very easy to say "i can't do ______." But if you have the desire and are willing to sacrifice time and energy over and above your normal life you can do ANYTHING! It may take years but you can do it!
The deity of knowledge is GODDESS SARASWATI and she has this golden rule on whom she imparts knowledge " The one who has uncontaminated mind, shall be entitle to request boon from me."

Lorenzo

It's possible to raise a family while pursuing higher education. I know a number of friends who did it. If it's more convenient for you, you could always enroll online and take a more manageable study load.

footballtim

As some of the other posts mentioned, communication is key to any marriage. The song that comes to mind is "Two Different Directions" by the late great John Denver. The movie that comes to mind is "The Slugger's Wife" starring Michael O'Keefe and Rebecca De Mornay.
You want to try whatever you can to make it work out, but do not spend the rest of your lives beating a dead horse.