Career or family first?

PappaQ

What's your top priority? Do you work long hours for a high paying job, but you're gone all the time or do you have a job that pays a little less but you have more time for your family?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I work long hours, but I would not say it is high paying. I went many years working two or three jobs at a time. So I still have that work from sun up to sun down bug in me. The wife is trying to change that in me, and I am trying. It is hard though.

Andy

I work a lot of hours but still make time for my kids. I have to work the hours so that I can afford to pay my bills plus the child support and alimony that I have to pay.

Papa Bear

With the present economic situation, it is very hard to balance work and family if you are the sole income earner. My wife helps so that keeps the balance better.

Glenn

I have a job that keeps me away from home a lot and I hate that. When I was with my ex I loved traveling for work because it got me away from her. Now I actually have a family that I want to spend time with and traveling has become a real problem for me. Sometimes my wife and baby travel with me, sometimes not. When they're not with me I find myself getting depressed a lot and hating my job.

MatthewR

I work just 40 hours a week most weeks. I do make good money though. I can be reached at home if I'm needed at night, but most times I'm not needed at work. I have come to realize that family is everything.
A close friend of mine passed away last year. He has a young family and he always worked. I'm not going to be like him!

newb2diaps

I know I work too much but at the same time, its better than working too little right? No offense either and anyone that knows me, knows if its an ER I will drop work and take care of the family. The family also knows that I work for them, but they still come first.

Verny

I will share my principle with you guys. I work for my family. I didn't made a family so that I would work. Therefore family always comes first for me.