Cell Phone Bills

Timothy

What are your cell phone bills running every month, on average? I ask because we are at a crossroads with our cell phones right now and we're thinking about switching carriers. For what you guys are paying, do you think it's worth it? Would you recommend the carrier you're using? If not, who would you recommend?

polamalu43

I use Verizon because it is the only carrier that has service where I live. The bill is crazy high! It is worth it because I would be lost without my phone.

Timothy

Pola, we are currently using Verizon, too. We have a few other carriers to choose from around here, though. Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Wal Mart's Straight Talk, and a new one I just learned about called Ting will all work around here. We really don't want to sign a contract, so we are looking at T-Mobile, Metro, Straight Talk, and Ting right now.

RichA

Verizon has some new plan out there. You don't have to wait two years to upgrade your phone. I am not sure what it costs but we are going to look into it. We use Verizon too.

Alfy

I pay more for my cell phone than I did for my home phone and internet combined. It's ridiculous how expensive it gets. I use it for work and am always checking emails, so I need a good data plan.

Bear

Rich I looked into that plan a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was outrageously over priced. We have got to find something else too because ours don't pick up everywhere we need to go.

Andersson

We are thinking about switching but we are looking for a good deal. Right now the only thing we bundle is the auto and home insurance. When it comes to what we watch on T.V. then phones and the internet we had the idea that if one goes out all might (mostly phone and net there).

Victor

We pay $100 per month for two phones with unlimited talk, text, and data. It's through T-Mobile. It's also the only carrier that will work effectively in our house. We live in a dead area for cell phone coverage but T-Mobile uses WiFi to boost signal so we don't have to go outside to make a phone call.

Timeless

On average we pay around $50 per phone line, with unlimited text. I looked into different carriers and most are the same price. Where I live there are maybe 3 different cell companies that we can use. The others do not work near our home.

olderthandirt

I am a throwback to the dark ages, according to my girls. I hate cell phones so I don't use one, unless I'm traveling. I just have a Tracphone that I add a card to if I need to go out of town. The girls each pay for their own phone and they use Boost. For $50 per month, they have unlimited everything.

BigPapa

We have Verizon because it is the best carrier. We have pretty much whichever one we want around here, but they all get horrible reception except Verizon. We have 2 smartphones with the highest data package and we pay $150 a month. We use them a lot for work, so we have a higher data allowance than what most people need. I have been with them for over 10 years and I would totally recommend them because besides great service they also have great customer service.