Cheesy potatoes

CHenne

My wife made some cheesy potatoes dish and topped it off with sour cream. It was delicious! Anyone had anything like this? It was baked in the oven, the potatoes are sliced up. I think she found it on Pinterest.

Sinbian

Let me put it this way. I love cheese and I love potatoes. I think I like them even more when they are put together. :) Thanks for that reminder, I need to make them soon.

Timothy

My wife has made cheesy potatoes from a box before. I think she found them close to the instant mashed potatoes in the grocery store. She's never made them homemade, but I don't think I could tell the difference, honestly.

Andersson

I love cheese and I love potatoes.
That just about sums it up for me too. I have not tried it exactly like that but we just might have to pretty soon. I love a good casserole dish and anything with cheese and potatoes just sounds right up my alley.

CHenne

It was perfect Sunday football food. We had it again today and they were amazing! Made it easier to watch my team lose! I have had the boxed version of cheesy potatoes too, they don't compare to homemade. I think the bacon makes the dish even tastier!

Bear

Instant potatoes = yuck, even with cheese! I do love homemade potatoes with cheese though and there is absolutely nothing that is not made better with bacon!

Salazar

My wife makes potatoes au gratin on Easter. Aside from that, the cheesy potato dish we eat most often is a roasted-potato-topped-with-cheese kind of thing she makes when we have brunch. I like that one because she puts jalapenos in it.

CHenne

Hot peppers? Yuk! We are going to make this today too (playoffs on). I can't wait to eat it. I told her to toss some chili on some of the potatoes. I love chili fries so I bet chili potatoes would be great too.

Lorenzo

The kids and I love potatoes in every form. I wonder how homemade cheesy potatoes actually taste, as my wife only makes the instant ones. Pinterest you said? I'll ask her to check the recipe from there. :)

Bearsfan

I've had au gratin potatoes and love them. I actually haven't found a style of potato dish that I don't enjoy. But, I'm with CHenne, I don't think I'd like hot peppers in my potatoes.