Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?

DeputyDad

My wife's family always did their present opening on Christmas Eve and in my family we always waited until Christmas morning. With our kids, we let them pick out one present to open on Christmas Eve and the rest have to wait till morning. We made a compromise. :)

What's your tradition?

Timeless

We visit the grandparents Christmas Eve so they have those presents to open at night. They are usually up bright and early Christmas day to open their presents before breakfast. My brother holds Christmas dinner, so after a noon nap we head over there for more presents.

polamalu43

We have a big Christmas celebration with my family on Christmas Eve and we give the kids pj's at home. We open all of our gifts on Christmas morning. My wife's parents come over on Christmas too.

Bear

We let our kids open one or two presents on Christmas Eve and then we save the rest for Christmas day. We do my family on Christmas day and then we usually do my wife's family on another day.

Victor

We don't buy many gifts anymore, so we have them wait and open everything on Christmas morning. We have our own celebration at our house and then head over to my in-laws' place for another gift exchange and holiday dinner.

Timothy

My wife's family always did their present opening on Christmas Eve and in my family we always waited until Christmas morning. With our kids, we let them pick out one present to open on Christmas Eve and the rest have to wait till morning. We made a compromise. :)

What's your tradition?
It's this exactly, only it was my family that always opened presents on Christmas Eve and her family that always waited until Christmas morning. In my family, we opened all the small gifts on Christmas Eve, which were "from mom and dad," then on Christmas morning, we'd usually have one "big gift" "from Santa" to open.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The wife buys pajamas every year for the family. They get wrapped up and you are allowed to open them Christmas Eve. The morning everyone gets to open the rest and then I get to make a nice big breakfast.

BigPapa

Jason, that is what we do too. Every one gets Christmas PJ's to wear to bed Christmas Eve night. I love this tradition in our family.

BestDaddyEver

We let our daughter open one present on Christmas Eve night and the rest wait until Christmas morning. We have always done it this way.