Cinnamon

Bear

I have recently started taking a cinnamon supplement because I have read that it can help you keep your blood sugar under control. I am looking for alternatives to all of the pills I take since I no longer have insurance. Has anyone else tried cinnamon and if so does it work?

ghanashyam

It is true that cinnamon, called as DAL CHINI in India, a country where large number of spices are produced is useful in lowering glucose in Diabetes 2 patients. However, it must be noted that prolonged use of cinnamon can damage the kidney and liver since cinnamon has some distinct chemical properties. Be act on the advise of doctor.

youngone

The best way to keep your blood sugar under control is to stop eating sugar! All carbohydrates are converted to glucose in the body, so restricting your carbohydrate intake is important for blood sugar control. Cinnamon can help but it will not negate the blood sugar spike from the fries you are eating.

Victor

Eat small meals frequently to keep your blood sugar on an even keel. Eating protein at every meal helps stabilize blood sugar as well. Hopefully that helps but if you are still having symptoms, you will need to see a doctor; complications from blood sugar issues can be catastrophic or even deadly.