Clothes Sorting

Victor

Last night we had to pull out and sort clothes for our youngest daughter, since she's outgrown most of what was in her drawers. Unfortunately, my organizational skills were lacking when I first put the bigger stuff away because I found some things in the "big clothes" bin that my youngest has already outgrown! I should've had my wife put things away, I guess.

Miller

I'm no good at sorting out clothes. I leave that one to my wife. We hand things down as much as possible, and then send everything off to Goodwill if there's any wear left in it.

BigPapa

We have put everything away on the off chance that we have another girl, but my siblings have kids too and we pass stuff around all the time. It is funny to see pictures where things my daughter is wearing now were on my niece.

Regis

My role in sorting clothes is carrying the bags to the car and carrying in the bags that she's gotten from someone else. I'm also in charge of putting them in the attic. I could barely sort my own when I lived alone.

Andersson

We used to go through this every year for the kids and we found all types of stuff. I still remember once when we found baby clothes after they had already started school, time flies very quick with little ones!

Victor Leigh

Never did much with the clothes myself. Except for my own. That's mainly because I live away from home most of the time. So if I don't sort out my own clothes, there's no one to do it for me.

Enrique

It's great that you guys help out with clothes-sorting. I don't. I leave it all to the wife. I just don't have that organizational skills that some men have. I'm a good cook, though, which my wide isn't.

flfsurveyor

We call that exercise "defrosting" the clothes cabinets. It is a family event that we performed about two weeks before school starts. It is part of preparation for the next school year as then we have to decide what new clothes to buy. Of course, my wife took the lead. However, I am not good at sorting my own. I think there's still some boxes of my old clothes that are stored in the attic since we last moved 10 years ago!

joeldgreat

Hi, I think your not alone on this part of being a parent. I'm one of the many husbands who left this task to my wife. Its because, the more I want to sort out our kids clothes, the more it becomes messy. I had tried this at least twice already and the feedback is always negative from my wife. And she had to redo it again.

R. Paradon

My former wife was not exactly a housekeeping buff so I took care of clothes sorting. It did not take very long and it was one more argument we could avoid. She was a closet stuffer..."out of sight out of mind."

Andersson

We still go through our own clothes from time to time, its amazing how quick things like clothes can stack up when they are hidden in a closet or packed away. We found two full bags that we donated off just last week!