Cold Hot Chocolate

Victor

My oldest daughter doesn't care for anything hot, but she loves "hot" chocolate. We made her some from a mix and then put it in the fridge so it would cool. She's drinking it down now.

olderthandirt

Isn't cold 'hot chocolate' another way of saying chocolate milk? Or at least, very similar, I should think. I've never heard of a kid not liking hot drinks, so that's a bit unusual. Is there a reason for that?

polamalu43

Agreed olderthandirt. It would just be chocolate milk. It doesn't make sense to make it and then chill it. It is just wasting electricity. Hot chocolate is more expensive than Hershey's syrup too.

Victor

Well we make it with water so it's not as thick as chocolate milk is, but I agree that it's strange. I drink hot chocolate so we always have it on hand, but usually do not have Hershey's syrup.

She has a strong aversion to hot foods. She barely likes them warm. When she was a baby, we accidentally gave her hot green bean casserole and she tried it before we realized it wasn't cooler. :(

Timeless

Our daughter doesn't drink her hot chocolate hot. She will leave it for 20 to 30 minutes to cool off or she'll add milk to it. I think you'd find a lot of children don't want to drink really hot drinks.

Christian

That sounds pretty normal to me. I have a four and two year old and of course they don't want hot chocolate hot. We make it and let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes and then they drink it. By then it is room temperature and bordering on cold.

Victor

I guess my daughter isn't so unusual, then, in her aversion to hot drinks. I was starting to think we were just weird, but I guess we aren't (in this aspect anyway). ;)

Kenny

I don't think you are going to find too many little ones who want to drink hot drinks or even eat hot soups. My oldest is four and we still have to put ice cubes in her soup for her to eat it.

DeputyDad

I don't think it is unusual for little kids to not like hot drinks. I know that I never did and my kids really don't either. I'm lucky that they like to drink water. We keep a gallon jug in the refrigerator.

yabadoo

I am all about cold chocolate. The difference between cold chocolate and chocolate milk is that there are usually marshmallows in the cold chocolate. That makes a big difference. And cold chocolate tastes much sweeter.

Andersson

I do not really like it myself either but sometimes the grand babies will talk me into it about once a year. I guess I like cold drinks more than hot ones.