Coupons

BigPapa

Do you use coupons on a regular basis? In our family we have one steady income and then my self employed/freelance income that isn't steady. Because of this, we are huge coupon clippers. We generally save about 50% of our grocery bill.

polamalu43

Yep, we use coupons each week too. I don't think it would matter if we won the lottery we would probably still try to use coupons. Why not save money when you can, right?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we use them a lot here too. It is nice to see the money come off the receipt when they ring you up.

BigPapa

Polamalu, I couldn't agree more. My family would still be saving every last penny we could even if money wasn't an object. I don't like paying any more than I have to for anything. Jason, it sure is nice to see the total go down when they start doing your coupons. It has almost become a game to see how good we can do.

Michael

I use coupons if I have them, but I don't go out of my way to look for the coupons. For me, time is money, and I just don't have time to go chasing newspapers, magazines and coupons. My wife doesn't go out of her way to use coupons either, but she is pretty frugal.

Andersson

So far with just our store card alone this year we have saved almost $1000.00, its hard to think about but when you add it up its all there. We use coupons I would say about 90% of the time, even online.

Regis

My wife spends lot of time cutting them out and they sit in an envelope on the dresser. I try to go through them but usually I'm out when she calls with a shopping list.

Andersson

Some stores will let you load coupons to your store card if they are setup right. We do that sometimes for places around town and it always helps even if its only a .50 coupon, the small ones add up too!