"Dad! You're so embarassing!"

Pops

Anyone else hearing this from their kids, or something similar? I didn't hear it as much when my girls were younger, but since they have reached their teenage years, I hear it too often! I don't think I'm THAT embarassing!

Aiden

Try not to feel too bad about it, I know it is shocking to hear it though. Once they get older they are going to look back and have things to laugh about. Kids just take things really seriously because they care so much about what others think.

Leon

I think your kids mean that they are embarrassed of what you did. We have passed those years as well and when our parents do something icky then we would also think that they are embarrassing us although in the old days we don't speak out loud what we think.

SamMo

Well I'm the type of dad who deliberately embarrasses their kids I'm afraid! If they are not going to like the way I dance or the way I dress, I may as well show everybody photographs of them when they were looking silly themselves!

polamalu43

SamMo - that is just too funny. I don't hear this very often but I try not to embarrass the kids either. I'm pretty close with my kids still and their friends even like me. I'm a hands on kind of guy - I get out there and do things with them and take them places too.

greatdad

My kids haven't said that, but I'm sure as they get older it's bound to happen. I used to embarrass my wife by joking around in stores, but now she jokes around along with me. It's funny to see how people react. The kids are at the stage where they think it's funny and go along with it. I'm sure the day will come, especially with my daughter, when she won't think joking around like we do now is funny and she'll be embarrassed by it. I guess I'll have to tone it down when that happens.

Pops

Thank you all for your responses! I do actually remember some of the things that my parents did, that I found to be so embarrassing. And, now I look back on it & can laugh.