Daddy, fix it.

Bearsfan

It's Christmas morning and this is the first break I've gotten from, shall we say, the assembly line. My wife is being so nice to me, because she knows some of the things she bought this year have just been a pain to put together. Even some of the things that don't have anything to put together, you need pliers, or a hacksaw, just to get the pieces out of the packaging.

Anyone else starting to think their name is now, "Daddy Fix-It"?

Sinbian

I try to buy durable toys but some kids are just relentless in finding a way to destroy them. So you're either a fix-it-daddy or won't-fix-it-daddy. :)

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Not fix it, but put it together has been my role. I've still got a few more things to put together today but the kids are at the doctors as they are getting sick along with daddy.

LeonR

If you can get through the assembly stage, Christmas can be a happy holiday time. All those almost insurmountable tasks you have to get through first, like opening the (expletive deleted) packaging, make it almost impossible to have a Merry Christmas these days. Some of the elves must be having a great laugh.

Bear

I swear I am taking everything out of the packaging next year before I wrap it! The way they had some of the stuff put in those packages was absolutely ridiculous!! Hope your babies get to feeling better Jason!

Timothy

It's funny that you should mention this, Bearsfan, because this was actually my first year being the assembly dad. Of course, it's my own fault! My wife works from home and until Christmas, she'd been working off of a fold-up table. I decided to buy her a real computer desk to make her office space feel more like an office, but of course when I bought it, it was in about 1,000 pieces! It was still worth it when I saw the look on her face, even though it took me and a buddy about 2 hours to put it together.

Kevin C

A good knife is a great thing for opening packages. Lots of mountain dew is good for putting them together and staying awake to see them enjoy it.